SLEEP, ADHD & CPAP

By Damnifiknow Latest Activity April 26, 2016 at 12:06 pm Views 1,817 Replies 2

Damnifiknow

Does any one else have an issue falling asleep? My mind goes 100 miles per hour & I just lay there in bed, trying to get my brain to stop or slow down, but most of the time nothing helps. I have taken meds. to help me sleep, but falling asleep is my main issue, as for now. My wife can lay down & within about 3 minutes she is out and I just lay there wishing I had that problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • spot530
    spot530 June 15, 2016 at 6:01 pm   

yes I do. My mind never shuts up. If you learn to meditate you also learn how to stop thinking so much. You do have to practice but it is worth it. Also I taught myself to just stare at sunsets and be just blank minded. Took me years to do this. Happily I have a porch that is surrounded with nature so it helped me to relax. Now I am 75 and take a minor tranquilizer that stops my mind with less effort on my part. It is an anti anxiety meds also. Keep it dark and quiet with no tv, games etc for at least 30 mins before retiring and have a bedtime you regularly keep. Good luck. Being sleep deprived makes it worse

• Damnifiknow
    Damnifiknow July 14 at 11:57 am   

Thanks for the information. I'm willing to try anything. I have never tried to meditate.